Quaker Window Products Co. d/b/a Quaker Windows & Doors (“Quaker”) is committed to respecting your privacy. As you use our websites, blogs, social media sites, mobile apps, and electronic communications, your Personal Information may be collected..
Scope of Policy
“Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual (or household), including, but not limited to, identifiers (e.g., names, phone numbers, physical mailing addresses, email addresses), familial information (e.g., spouse/partner name, names of children/dependents), characteristics of protected classifications, electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing or search history), payment information (e.g., credit information, credit card information), location (e.g., GPS, IP address), employment-related information, education information, or other non-public information unique to you. Personal Information also means information that can be used to identify you when put together with other data, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous website(s) you visited, your Internet service provider, the operating system of the devices you use, and your Internet protocol (“IP”) address..
When you provide Personal Information to us on a third-party site, the information you provide may be separately collected by that third party. Only Personal Information collected directly by Quaker, or on Quaker’s behalf, is covered by this Policy. The information collected by third-party sites are subject to the privacy practices of those third parties. Privacy choices you make with third parties will not apply to our use of your Personal Information collected through our Sites. Also be aware that our Sites contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by Quaker, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other sites. Finally, Quaker may use third-party services on the Site to provide you with a better online experience or for other reasons.
In addition, certain portions of the Sites may request the entry of your location or contact information, including, but not limited to, the telephone number for your residence or cellular device. By providing such information, you agree and authorize Quaker to contact you for the purposes stated below, including, but not limited to, SMS messages (including text messages), calls using a prerecorded message or artificial voice, and calls/messages delivered using an auto telephone dialing system or automatic texting system.
Notwithstanding any current or prior election to opt-in/opt-out of receiving telemarketing, other calls, or SMS messages (including text messages), if you provide Quaker your contact information, you hereby expressly consent to and authorize contact by us, our agents, representatives, affiliates, or anyone calling on our behalf for any purposes relating to our products and services, which may include advertising or telemarketing messages. You agree this consent applies to the specific number(s) you have provided to us now or in the future, or numbers we can reasonably associate with your account (through skip trace, caller ID capture or other means). You certify, warrant, and represent that the telephone number(s) you have provided to us or will provide to us in the future are your contact numbers and that you will promptly alert us when a particular telephone number is no longer associated with you. Further, you understand that your cellular or mobile telephone provider will charge you according to the type of plan you carry. Any consent you give to Quaker may be revoked by you at any time as to each method of communication. If you want your phone number to be removed, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can delete the information. You may also register for the “Do Not Call Registry” at https://www.donotcall.gov/register.html.Information About Minors:
Information About Minors:
Quaker’s Sites are neither structured nor intended for users who are minors. Quaker does not target, promote, or market products or services to minors. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors, as defined by law. If we discover we have received Personal Information from a person under the age of 18 years without proper authorization, we will take reasonable steps to delete that data as quickly as possible.
Information We May Collect About You
Quaker collects contact information provided by you when you visit our Sites. This may include, but is not limited to, names and user names, business name (if applicable), purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, the location where you purchased Quaker products, IP address, commercial information, and other digital contact information.
Quaker may collect your payment information if you purchase our products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, information from your credit or debit card, personal check, PayPal account (or other electronic payment service provider), or gift card. Payment information is used for payment processing and fraud prevention. Quaker will not use your payment information for any other purpose.
Applications for Employment:
Quaker may place job openings on the Sites that allow you to provide your Personal Information in connection with an application for employment. We collect your Personal Information, contact instructions, professional or employment-related information, and information related to applicable work experience through online forms and other means.
Information Needed for Warranty Claims:
When you make a claim under one of our written warranties, Quaker may collect Personal Information from you relating to the purchase of QUAKER® products in order to process the warranty request and prevent fraud.
Quaker collects information about who you are, what you do, and where you live. This helps us put your feedback about our products and services into context so that we may serve you better in the future.
Communications and Promotions:
Quaker collects information provided when you communicate with us via blogs, social media sites, other offline communications (e.g., paper mailers, trade show attendance forms), or other online or in person communications (e.g., electronic entry forms, contact us forms). In addition, we may require that you provide Personal Information to access more detailed descriptions of our products or services or to better find products and services that we wish to market to you, which will then allow us to engage you in follow-up communications or to verify requests received from you. Further, the Sites sometimes include notices of promotions for which you can submit an online entry.
Surveys and Polls:
Quaker values your opinions and comments, and we may conduct online surveys or polls. Participation in these surveys and polls is optional. The Personal Information collected via polls is aggregated and used to make improvements to the Sites and to develop useful content, features, and promotions for visitors to our Sites.
We collect information about the browser you are using as you visit our Sites. We may also track the specific pages you visit, such as the website you came from, or the website you visit once you leave ours.
How We Collect Information About You
You Provide the Information:
We may collect your information, including Personal Information, through online forms, information you enter, or otherwise provide to us when purchasing our products or services, completing job applications, entering sweepstakes, or any other methods by which you provide your information to us.
Quaker, like other website operators, uses analytic and reporting technologies to automatically record Personal Information, such as Internet domain/host name, IP address, browser software, operating system types (e.g., Mac OS, Windows OS, Android OS), clickstream patterns, and the date/time of Site visit. Quaker may aggregate this information to measure how the Sites are being used and to continuously improve the content and integrity of the Sites.
If you elect to install the mobile versions or mobile application versions of the Sites, Quaker may collect your geographic location, data about your use of the mobile application, the type of device you use and its operating system, unique device identifiers, IP address, and use of mobile coupons in a transaction, among other things.
Quaker uses “cookies” to gather data on who visits its websites, track user trends, and remember the preferences of visitors to the Sites, among other things. Some cookies on the Sites collect data using third party tools. Quaker uses third parties to gather certain Personal Information to create activity and trending reports. Quaker contracts with third parties, for these reporting services.
How We Use Information About You
In addition to the business purposes discussed in the section “Information We May Collect About You,” Quaker uses Personal Information (collected from you and/or your device) for system administration purposes, to enhance your experience while on our Sites, to market our goods and services, and to otherwise transact or communicate with you. Consistent with applicable law and the choices you make, specific uses may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing you with information about QUAKER products.
- Compiling figures for market research, data analytics, and website performance.
- Providing descriptions of our products and services when you need them.
- Noting color, style, and design preferences as you move through our Sites.
- Displaying advertisements personalized to individual interests or preferences, either on our Sites or the sites of third-parties.
- Ensuring that content from our Sites is presented in an effective manner.
- Tracking the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Setting in-person appointments upon your request.
- Collecting information for lead-generation or the sale of additional products/services.
- Assisting with the procurement of financing for your purchase of Quaker products and/or services or rehabilitating your credit for the future purchase of Quaker products and/or services.
- Considering you for employment at Quaker.
- Facilitating transactions for the procurement of replacement parts or warranty service.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
If you choose to provide Quaker with your Personal Information by accessing or using the Sites, we may use that information for legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to, sharing, selling, or otherwise transferring that information to Quaker’s agents, affiliates, and other third parties. By “third parties” we mean, without limitation, dealers, distributors, suppliers, service providers, business partners, and other affiliates. Further, by accessing and continuing to use the Sites, you understand that your Personal Information may be disclosed to Quaker’s successors, assigns, or business partners.
These third parties may contact you for various reasons, including to:
- Contact you about our products and services.
- Fulfill orders for Quaker products and services.
- Obtain quotes or financing for Quaker products and services.
- Provide information or assistance at your request.
- Prevent an emergency or prevent harm to others.
- Respond to or prove compliance with legal requirements.
- Protect or enforce our rights and policies.
- Confirm demographics connected to the purchase of Quaker products and services.
- Protect or enforce the rights of a third party as required or permitted by law (including, but not limited to, to comply with a subpoena or court order).
Quaker also contracts with third parties from time to time to provide, maintain, and improve the Sites. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
We may share certain Personal Information with our affiliates and dealers so that they can set up appointments and market to you. Such Personal Information could include your name, phone number, email address, mailing or street address, and other contact information. To the extent you are concerned about the sale of your Personal Information, you may opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wherever your Personal Information may be held within Quaker or on its behalf, Quaker strives to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Access to and use of secure areas of our Sites is restricted to authorized users only with a business need to know the Personal Information accessible there. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Sites may be subject to adverse employment actions, criminal prosecution, or civil damages.
Quaker may from time to time use third parties to provide content or deliver services, such as, but not limited to e-commerce technology. Quaker follows generally accepted industry standards in selecting these third parties but does not have ultimate control over the security measures used by those third parties. Of course, no method of transmission over the Internet or storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access and Deletion of Personal Information
To the extent that you provide Quaker with Personal Information, you may request that Quaker update or delete such information. For your protection, you may be required to provide proof of your identity when such requests are made.
Quaker need not delete certain Personal Information if retention is necessary to comply with Federal and/or State law, complete transactions made at your request, uphold its legal obligations, maintain security and site integrity, or other expected and lawful uses of the Personal Information you provided, including but not limited to the following:
- Complete the transaction for which the information was collected, provide a good/service requested by you (or reasonably anticipated within the context of an ongoing business relationship with you), or otherwise perform a contract between Quaker and you.
- Detect security incidents or otherwise protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, up to and including pursuing prosecution of those responsible for the illegal activity.
- Debug the information to identify and repair errors impacting functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-received scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest.
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on your relationship with the business.
- Fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in
which you provided the information.
Quaker will make reasonable efforts to respond to your request regarding your Personal Information that we hold as soon as practicable or in the time required by law. To make access or deletion requests, or submit questions or concerns about this policy, you may submit a request using any one of the following:
- By Email: email@example.com
- By US Mail: Quaker Windows & Doors Attention: Marketing Department 504 Highway 63 South, P.O. Box 128 Freeburg, Missouri 65035
- By Phone: 1-800-347-0438
Rights of California Residents:
If you live in California and are a consumer of Quaker products/services, an applicant for employment with Quaker, or otherwise believe that Quaker may have your Personal Information in its possession, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) may give you the right to know:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that we are not required to:
- Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
- Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
- Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
In connection with any personal information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you may have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Subject to certain exceptions, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we need not delete your personal information for various reasons outlined above.
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
Original Effective Date: November 2020
Department Responsible for Periodic Review of this Policy: Marketing Department